Hair length often determines the kind of styles except with the medium length hairstyle. This is a length that is open to all types of styling from the simple to complex for this length of hair. It includes waves, braids, updos, half updos and maximized volume. This is an easy to take care of length and fun because it isn’t too short or too long. But just right for the latest styles, the throwback romantic braid or up-do styles. At this length, every day can be a new hair day, even on work days since most styles take little time or experience to get the most fashionable looks.
Table of Contents
- 1 50 Fun and Gorgeous Medium Length Hairstyles
- 1.1 1) Medium Length Loose Wave Half Knot
- 1.2 2) Loose Wave Blunt Shoulder Cut
- 1.3 3) Braided Knot Throwback to Bellbottom Days
- 1.4 4) Full Medium Length Glamour Beach Waves
- 1.5 5) Fun and Free Loose Knot Ponytail
- 1.6 6) Popular Soft Golden Beach Waves
- 1.7 7) Blunt and Breezy Bangs Bedhead Look
- 1.8 8) Structured Wave Long Medium Bob
- 1.9 9) Elegant updo for day or night
- 1.10 10) Soft Waves for medium lenght hairstyle
- 1.11 11) Choppy Natural Beach Wave with Style
- 1.12 12) Half Updo Beach Waved Elegance
- 1.13 13) Medium Length Loose Full Waves
- 1.14 14) Relaxed Longer Length Beach Wave
- 1.15 15) Wispy Long Waved Shoulder Bob
- 1.16 16) Balayage Long Bangs Layered Bob
- 1.17 17) Highlighted Below Shoulder Loose Waves
- 1.18 18) Girl Next Door Classic Waves
- 1.19 19) Below Shoulder Beach Wave Charm
- 1.20 20) La Natural Below Shoulder Length
- 1.21 21) Blunt medium lenght hairstyle Volume
- 1.22 22) Straight and Blunt is the Look
- 1.23 23) Wild and Wavy Medium Length
- 1.24 24) The Long Shag is Back
- 1.25 25) Shoulder Length Layered Tapered Volume
- 1.26 26) Layers of Volume for Medium Length
- 1.27 27) Carefree Volume and Shoulder Waves
- 1.28 28) Long Bang Soft Beach Wave
- 1.29 29) Loose Beach Wave for Every Day
- 1.30 30) Relaxed Shoulder Beach Wave Curl
- 1.31 31) Elegant Beach Waves for Every Occasion
- 1.32 32) Beachy Wavy Medium Blonde Hair
- 1.33 33) Long Bob Hairstyle With Bangs
- 1.34 34) Classic Shoulder Length Layered Hair
- 1.35 35) Angled Shoulder Length Bob With Highlights
- 1.36 36) Modern Shag With Mid Length Hair
- 1.37 37) Sleek and Straight Medium Bob
- 1.38 38) Sexy Waves and Angled Shoulder Length Hair
- 1.39 39) Angled Lob: the Modern Mid Length Haircut
- 1.40 40) Mid-length Choppy Layered Hairstyle Idea
- 1.41 41) Shoulder-length Easy Hairstyle With Luminous Curls
- 1.42 42) Medium Short Haircut for Fine Hair
- 1.43 43) Medium Layered Hair and Ombre Color
- 1.44 44) Medium Length Haircut on the Longer Side
- 1.45 45) Gorgeous Curly Medium Bob Style
- 1.46 46) Messy on Purpose Medium Length Hairstyle
- 1.47 47) Smooth and Shiny Long Angled Bob
- 1.48 48) Sassy Modern Blunt Bob Haircut
- 1.49 49) Ombre Medium Length Hairstyle With Loose Waves
- 1.50 50) Layered Mid Length Haircut With Long Bangs
- 2 50 Cute Medium Length Hairstyles that You Can Rock
- 3 How did you like this post?
- 4 Thank you for your feedback
- 5 We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
50 Fun and Gorgeous Medium Length Hairstyles
Mid length hair is about as close to a “universally flattering” style of hair as you can get, so its popularity and endurance is no surprise. These modern, elegant hair ideas can work for straight, curly, thick, or fine hair. Medium hairstyles also include a really broad range of cuts to choose from, from a bob haircut to shoulder length hair. The trick to a great medium length hairstyle is to make sure that the shape and styling of the cut meet your specific needs and wants.
Medium hairstyles are great for when you want a shorter, cooler (literally) cut for summer or you want longer length but have fine or thin hair, you want to keep your look up-to-date with the latest trendy haircuts or you just love cute easy hairstyles.
So, when you’re ready to get your medium short haircut, start with a style idea you like and bring it to your stylist. Listen and learn at the salon so you know how to get your medium hairstyles on point. Finally, invest in the right styling products and tools. That is honestly the secret difference between Instagram-able hair and, “I need to find a hat that goes with this outfit to cover up this hot mess.” Check out these hair ideas to find some inspiration.
1) Medium Length Loose Wave Half Knot
This is a look for sitting home or out and about. A style that is perfect for work or dressing up for a night on the town. It’s an all around style that is easily accomplished even without a mirror to see the process.
2) Loose Wave Blunt Shoulder Cut
This is a look that can be achieved with a single layer blunt cut that is easy to accomplish. It’s fast enough to wear to work or out for the evening. This look may be achieved with a longer length, but not with the same fullness.
This braid that only uses the front pieces of hair is a throwback from the days of bell bottoms. But this is a perfect choice for bangs that are growing out or just for a different look without taking much time to style.
4) Full Medium Length Glamour Beach Waves
This is a full wave look that can be elegant enough for evening, yet simple enough for a day at the office. It is easy to style and a style that shows off the highlights in the hair.
5) Fun and Free Loose Knot Ponytail
The loose knot ponytail is a fun look for work or a day on the town. It’s a play on the standard ponytail with the flair of a sophisticated knot that is perfect for solid color, highlighted or balayage painted hair.
6) Popular Soft Golden Beach Waves
This style is fast and fun to wear with loose waves. It can be worn day or night and is a good style for blunt cuts, the updated shag or while growing out bangs. This looks great with highlighted hair and just as terrific with solid colors.
7) Blunt and Breezy Bangs Bedhead Look
This style is full and reminiscent of bed head since it is not a combed tame look. The look is perfect for day wear and works great with short bangs or long bangs, but can look just as good without them.
8) Structured Wave Long Medium Bob
This style is separated structured waves that is a style that can be worn during work or for a night out. It works with the long bob that is a blunt cut.
9) Elegant updo for day or night
An elegant updo that can be worn when dressed for an event or for a Saturday running errands. It’s a sophisticated braided bun, a hair style for medium length hair that is fast and easy to get the look.
10) Soft Waves for medium lenght hairstyle
This is a natural looking style with little product needed to achieve the look. This is loose waves that other than straight hair could be done using a blow dryer. Straight hair may need an iron used to get the look.
11) Choppy Natural Beach Wave with Style
The choppy wave is easy to achieve and a great style for work, a day on the town or an evening out. This has curls that are semi separated yet has a natural look without that just styled look.
12) Half Updo Beach Waved Elegance
The half updo look is good for work or a day of running errands that is easy to accomplish. The top bun is loosely fixed and simple loose waves finish off the look. This is a great choice for growing out bangs.
13) Medium Length Loose Full Waves
The loose waves are fast and easy to style before work or a day out. This is a look that can even be accomplished with a blow dryer and gives fullness to the medium lenght hairstyle.
14) Relaxed Longer Length Beach Wave
These loose waves are a fun and unstructured look for a day out or even at work. A style that never goes out of style and works well with bunt cuts while adding fullness.
15) Wispy Long Waved Shoulder Bob
The shoulder length bob with the fullness of waves is a look that does not take a lot of time to accomplish. But it is a look that is good for every day or a special night out on the town.
16) Balayage Long Bangs Layered Bob
This look can be accomplished by simply using a blow dryer and works well with all hair colors cut in a shoulder length bob with long bangs. The pictured style is with Balayage showing layers giving the style fullness.
17) Highlighted Below Shoulder Loose Waves
The below shoulder length hair with some simple loose waves can look elegant for a night out or fit in for the work day. This is an easy look that spotlights highlights and can even compliment layers.
18) Girl Next Door Classic Waves
These loose waves work for below the shoulder hair that is highlighted or multi colored. It’s a look that is fast to style for work, a day out or a special evening. This is the style that never goes out of style.
19) Below Shoulder Beach Wave Charm
The below shoulder waves are loose and free and work perfectly for work or fun. The look is fast to style and works with highlighted, non-colored or balayage hair with or without long layers.
20) La Natural Below Shoulder Length
This is a fun and natural look that takes little product and can even be a natural hair dry with some scrunching, though a blow dryer will get the same effect faster. Hair with a natural wave could need some taming to get this look.
21) Blunt medium lenght hairstyle Volume
This is an easy style for every day whether highlighted hair or natural with a few waves throw in to bring it up a notch. It’s fast to create and go without worry about a perfectly styled look all day.
22) Straight and Blunt is the Look
Fast and free is the feeling with this style that can be a simple blow dry or a flat iron depending on hair texture. It works well with long grown out bangs and layers that add some volume.
23) Wild and Wavy Medium Length
This is an extra fun look that is easy to get with a few waves without the structure of just styled hair. It works perfect for just at the shoulder hair for day or night.
24) The Long Shag is Back
The shag is back with a few alterations, the layers are there, but complimented with long bangs and a few waves. The waves give it the bounce and fullness that complement the cut.
25) Shoulder Length Layered Tapered Volume
This layered tapered cut with a blow dry adds the volume that gives it a great natural look without spending a lot of styling time. This style works great with highlighted or multi colored hair to give it flair.
26) Layers of Volume for Medium Length
This is a free and fun style that is great for every day with a few waves to add the extra volume. It works well with layers more than it would with a straight blunt cut to get this look.
27) Carefree Volume and Shoulder Waves
Short and spunky is the way to describe this style for just touching the shoulders. The waves give it the added bounce and fullness to achieve the look with a few layers and long bangs.
28) Long Bang Soft Beach Wave
Full and bouncy is what the loose wave can do for medium lenght hair with some layers to add to the fullness when styled. This look is fast, easy and one for every day.
29) Loose Beach Wave for Every Day
This style while easy to get has a look of freedom with some elegance mixed in for the shoulder length with some waves. The style is one that is great for day or night and shows off highlights.
30) Relaxed Shoulder Beach Wave Curl
Fun and full with just a touch of waves is a look for a day out, work or a night on the town. This is fast and works well with layered hair or a blunt cut.
31) Elegant Beach Waves for Every Occasion
This is an elegant look that is perfect for a day at the office or a night out. It can easily be created and with some product to hold it in place will look perfect all day or evening.
32) Beachy Wavy Medium Blonde Hair
This is the gorgeous medium haircut for women to channel their inner Sienna Miller. The simple lob shape has some short choppy layers around the ends. The color os an ash blonde with sunny highlights. Style with finger-combed flatiron curls. Stay away from shine sprays for this style, it’s meant to be matte.
33) Long Bob Hairstyle With Bangs
This cut is such a great example of why medium hairstyles are so popular. You can make a simple, classic shape like a shoulder length bob chic and trendy with choppy layers, blunt bangs, and loose waves. This style can go from workday to date night with ease.
34) Classic Shoulder Length Layered Hair
It’s a classic haircut idea that never goes out of style: shoulder length layered hair with pretty natural highlights. It’s got tons of beautiful movement and feels nice and light. This shape can work for straight or curly hair. The subtle highlights within a couple shades of the natural color give a lovely shine and brightness to the cut, too.
35) Angled Shoulder Length Bob With Highlights
This is so pretty! It’s a blunt angled lob, but the curls break up the ends and give it a nice shape. Let’s talk about those curls. This brunette has caramel highlights, and the curls are strategically placed along the highlights. The result is a luminous style that shines bright with every wave and highlight.
36) Modern Shag With Mid Length Hair
The shag is one of the best hairstyles that’s only gotten better with time. It’s a little bit rebellious, a little bit retro, and with all those fabulous layers it works as a haircut for women with fine or thick hair! This shoulder-length version has long side-swept bangs and its done up in a silvery platinum blonde. The color and loose waves are the keys to keep this awesome cut looking modern.
37) Sleek and Straight Medium Bob
As cute, elegant hair ideas go this one is always a winner. A blunt medium bob can work for most hair textures and is particularly simple for naturally straight hair. The simple cut is elevated with beautiful multidimensional natural highlights that add depth and shine. It’s simple, pretty, and professional.
38) Sexy Waves and Angled Shoulder Length Hair
This is one pretty haircut. An angled lob is a beautiful way to shake up the classic shape. This version has about 4-5 inch difference from back to front and it’s cut with choppy ends that look just perfect when they’re styled in waves. The blonde balayage color is totally 2018.
39) Angled Lob: the Modern Mid Length Haircut
When it comes to trendy haircuts we always toe the line between just right and “what was I thinking.” This modern mid length hair cut will not give you TBT regrets. Choppy ends keep the cut looking thick and full. While this version has some highlights it also looks great with natural color. Add in some loose, finger-combed waves because of 2018.
40) Mid-length Choppy Layered Hairstyle Idea
If you have thick hair this is a great medium layered hair cut to “de-pouf” any excess volume. The choppy razor cut layers go from about chin length to shoulder length which lightens up the ends considerably. Long layers around the face give a lovely finish. Using a flatiron to style and add some waves will give you shape without adding more volume.
41) Shoulder-length Easy Hairstyle With Luminous Curls
Those highlights are to die for! This is so natural and pretty, oh and did we mention this mid length haircut is a snap to style? You can see the long bob hairstyle has a little bit of an angle to it from back to front but also has some long layers in the front. There are caramel highlights throughout and loose waves are finished with some shine serum for an easy, beautiful result.
42) Medium Short Haircut for Fine Hair
Medium blonde hair like this is perfect for fine or thin hair textures. It is long enough to get you into medium hairstyles territory but short enough to keep the illusion of thicker hair. Aside from a couple of face-framing pieces, there aren’t many layers. This cute hairstyle is styled with finger-combed waves and a texture paste can give that piecy look without making the hair look stringy. Also, lightening your color will add some volume.
43) Medium Layered Hair and Ombre Color
This has got to be one of the best hairstyles for 2018. You get that signature piecy long bob with face-framing layers around the front half that break up the ends. The ombre color is subtle and elegant, and the styling has natural bend and muss without curls or waves. It’s totally fresh and modern and it would look beautiful on medium and thick hair.
44) Medium Length Haircut on the Longer Side
Sometimes when you’ve had long hair for a while the idea of going shorter can be a little overwhelming. That’s when you need a pretty haircut like this. On the medium haircut for women spectrum of it’s on the longer side, so you won’t feel so…hair naked. This cute hairstyle has a few short layers around the ends and toward the face. Style it in loose long waves, or throw it up when you need to.
45) Gorgeous Curly Medium Bob Style
This has got to be the best way to combine highlights and curls. Medium hairstyles look amazing with waves and curls in general, but when you have highlights like this you can really set them off by curling along the highlights. It adds visual definition to the curl and makes the hair appear shiny. Win-win!
46) Messy on Purpose Medium Length Hairstyle
If you’re a fan of a long, casual, easy hairstyle but you want something shorter this is your cut. Crop those beach waves into this hairstyle idea for an amazing, enviable mid-length look. Aside from the trendy choppy layers, this style is all about the color. Sun-kissed blonde highlights are your ticket to this utterly cool ‘do.
47) Smooth and Shiny Long Angled Bob
OK, no joke, this angled bob looks like it’s incredibly soft and we honestly want to touch it. That’s what you get when you mix yummy auburn brunette color, masterful long angled medium hairstyles, and silky, shiny waves. Make sure you use a flatiron to curl the middle and then straighten the ends to get this awesome look. Then finish by rubbing in some shine serum.
48) Sassy Modern Blunt Bob Haircut
This blunt bob is a modern take on the 80s power haircut for women. TBH, it’s still getting the job done today. A medium length haircut with blunt ends like this isn’t for everyone, but if your personal style tips toward ‘trendy’ you could probably pull this off. The side part creates some shorter pieces around the front to frame the face.
49) Ombre Medium Length Hairstyle With Loose Waves
So…you’ve probably noticed that there are no shortage of lobs when we’re talking about medium hairstyles. Is it any wonder? Seriously, look at this elegant style. A little angling from back to front is always a plus, and the combo of balayage color and loose waves is the best. It’s cute, it’s easy, and it’s super flattering.
50) Layered Mid Length Haircut With Long Bangs
This is a really simple, pretty hairstyle that works with the natural wave in your hair (read: easy to do). The layers add movement and shape right off the bat. When you’re working with an experienced stylist they can cut the layers into the natural wave or curl of your hair which makes styling is much, much faster. This is technically the popular lob cut, but you get added versatility when you don’t straighten or curl it and instead let it fall along your natural texture.
50 Cute Medium Length Hairstyles that You Can Rock
These cute easy hairstyles are here for you just in time for spring and summer! Lighten up your long locks, or grow out your short hair into medium hairstyles that give you the best of both worlds. Sometimes the only thing standing between us and a pretty hairstyle is the right haircut idea. These options will help you with any hair thickness or texture so that you can look amazing every day. No matter what style of hair you have naturally, you can rock medium hairstyles. Just make sure you have the right products and tools, and a trusted stylist to guide you toward the hair ideas that work best for you.
How did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!