One could argue that there is no article of clothing that is more versatile, iconic, and beloved than the little black dress. The look was originated by the incomparable Coco Chanel in 1926) Audrey Hepburn revolutionized it with a Givenchy fringe number in 1961’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Fashion icons like Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, and Marilyn Monroe were all famously photographed in LBDs many times over.
27 Unexpected Little Black Dress Ideas that Update a Fashion Icon
Fast forward to today, and the little black dress is as revered as ever. Every notable fashion designer has put their spin on this wardrobe staple. You’ve no doubt got at least one go-to LBD in your own closet. Maybe you’re still mourning for one that you outgrew or that became outmoded. If you’re dying to find your next great fashion love (and you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t), then get ready to be blown away by our gallery of 27 stunning variations on the world’s most famous little dress.
We’ve got long and short hems, sweet and sophisticated looks, bodycon and structured silhouettes. The timeless little black dress is beautifully modernized with special details like pleating, lacing, cutouts and slits. Prepare to be inspired by these exciting and unexpected LBDs.
1) Thigh High Bodycon Beauty
2) Urban Chic Little Black Dress
3) Negligee Inspired with Strappy Suede
4) Pierced Deep V Sundress
5) Sheer Boho Baby Doll
6) Sweet & Sexy Structured Number
7) Like a Glove LBD
8) Short, Strapless, and Pleated
9) Edgy Eyelet & Mesh Look
10) Oh My God Becky
11) Body-Skimming Off the Shoulder Classic
12) Romantic French Mod Mini Dress
13) Go-to Sheath with Fringe
14) Black, Gold, Belted and Patterned
15) An Ode to Audrey
16) All Black Street Smart Layers
17) Effortless Sweetheart Ballerina Dress
18) Plunging and Pleated Statement Gown
19) Basic Black Victoria Beckham Style
20) No Accessories Required Bodycon Staple
21) Club Legend Lace-Up Tank Dress
22) Lovely Lacy Cocktail Look
23) Flattering Asymmetrical Wrap LBD
24) Upscale Sweetheart Skater Dress
25) Simple, Strappy, and Summer Perfect
26) Peekaboo Fitted Date Night Design
27) Easy, Breezy Black Shirt Dress
How did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!