I loved wearing kimonos in the summer, on the one hang because I had brought them from Bali, which made me feel a bit special when wearing them, on the other hand because a kimono was an awesome accessory when activities lasted into the night, and as usual, we hung around at the bank of the Danube where the air was sometimes cooler than on the busy downtown streets.
I love the colours of the kimonos, these garments are often flashy, cheerful, made of light material, and you can find an appropriate one to an outfit of virtually any style. You can wear them with sneakers, jeans and a T-shirt or with a feminine dress, high heels, sandals, as well.With the advent of autumn, fortunately stores have introduced kimonos made of heavier fabrics more suitable for winter, for example this beauty from Zara. I mixed the styles a bit again, for the torn jeans and simple white top I chose a pair of more feminine platform sandals, balancing between being sporty and snazzy-in-high-heels.
I have collected a few more that have given me much inspiration.
27 Trending Ways to Style a Kimono Outfit
The eye catching kimono is a traditional Japanese garment that has been worn for centuries. Loosely translated, kimono means “the thing to wear” in Japanese, and that has never been more true than it is today. Long, flowy and comfortable, kimonos lend a delicate and feminine aspect to even the most basic of outfits. Whether paired with a swim suit or jeans, worn as a dress, or as a piece of outerwear, a kimono is sure to be the star of your outfit. While traditional kimonos are readily available and perfect as is, there are a number of modern takes on the trend. Kimonos are extremely versatile and can be purchased in a wide variety of styles, textures, and lengths, which pretty much guarantees you’ll find a kimono (or two or three) to complement your favorite outfit and satisfy your unique style.
1. Kimono Trench Coat Combo
2. Structured Navy Floral Kimono Coat
3. California Casual Kimono Outfit
4. Satin Metallic Kimono Maxi Blazer
5. Floral Embroidered Pajama Inspired Kimono
6. Luxurious Velour Kimono Outfit
7. Large Print Lotus Blooms
8. Feminine Floral Floor Length Duster
9. High Fashion Gypsy Jacket
10. Delicate Satin Lapel Jacket
11. Tropical Print Kimono Shirt
12. Dainty Kerchief Kimono Shawl
13. Mixed Grunge Graphic Prints
14. Distressed Denim Kimono Outfit
15. Short Sleeves With Cropped Jeans
16. Flowery Sheer Chiffon Kimono
17. Loose Lightweight Lounge Wear
18. Provocative Plunging Neckline
19. Oversized Vintage Batik Coat
20. Moroccan Print Caftan Kimono Outfit
21. Beautiful in Butterflies and Blossoms
22. Traditional Floral Kimono Duster
23. Gothic Inspired Crushed Velvet
24. Botanical Bohemian Chic Vibes
25. Vibrant Floral Ankle Length Kimono
26. Stepped Hem Statement Coat
27. Modern Kimono Shirt Dress
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?