Garlic recipes have been used for centuries to not only add flavor to meals, but also for the health benefits that garlic has to offer. As a member of the onion family, garlic is a commonly used ingredient in cooking, due to its potent smell and unique taste. Throughout history, however, garlic has been mainly used for its medicinal properties, rather than its pleasing taste.
23 Must-Try Recipes Featuring Garlic
While garlic as a medicinal source has been well documented by ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and Chinese, recent science has revealed that most of the health benefits that come from garlic are caused by a sulfur compound, allicin, that is formed when garlic crushed. When allicin is consumed, it leads to several positive effects on the body.
Garlic has very few calories, yet is potent in vitamins such as vitamin C, Manganese, and vitamin B6) Garlic also contains selenium, fiber, copper, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B1, and iron.
Some specific health benefits that garlic has to offer is its ability to fight the common cold and its role in reducing blood pressure. Heart disease is the number one cause of death worldwide, and high blood pressure greatly contributes to cardiovascular health. Studies have shown that the addition of garlic to one’s diet has a notable impact on the reduction of blood pressure. Having some great garlic recipe ideas on hand will help increase your intake of this beneficial plant.
Garlic also contains powerful antioxidants, which help protect the body from oxidative damage. This also helps to reduce cholesterol and may help to prevent the development of some common brain diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Check out some of the best garlic recipes that are not only delicious, but also very healthy!
1) Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
2) Rustic Balsamic Garlic Chicken
3) Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
4) Asian Garlic Tofu With Rice
5) 30-minute Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Chowder
6) Simple Skillet Green Beans
7) Honey Garlic Salmon
8) Lemon Chicken With Veggies
9) Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken With Zucchini
10) One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken And Asparagus
11) Baked Salmon With Garlic And Dijon
12) 20 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp
13) Cheesy Garlic Herb Crack Bread
14) Cilantro-lime Honey Garlic Salmon
15) Zucchini Noodles With Garlic Shrimp
16) Slow-cooker Garlic-parmesan Chicken
17) Grilled Parmesan Garlic Asparagus
18) Seriously Smooth Roasted Garlic Parmesan Hummus
19) Quinoa Crust For Pizza Or Cheesy Garlic Bread
20) Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
21) Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac And Cheese
22) Parmesan Garlic Roasted Baby Potatoes
23) Lemon And Garlic Tilapia (Baked)
23 Delicious Recipes Inspired by Garlic
Garlic may even have the ability to improve the health of your bones. While human studies have not been performed, studies on mice have shown that garlic is able to minimize bone loss in females by increasing estrogen. After taking a daily dose of garlic extract in a different study, menopausal women showed a significant increase in estrogen. This means that garlic possibly has beneficial effects on the bone health of women. Other foods in the garlic family, such as onions and shallots, have also shown themselves to be beneficial to those suffering from osteoarthritis.
Garlic is easy to include in an everyday diet with its various forms, from garlic oil to whole cloves. Some of the best garlic recipe ideas involve pressing a few fresh cloves with a garlic press before mixing it with extra virgin olive oil and a dash of sea salt.
How did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!